|J.P. Hibbard Investigations (JPHI) is the business entity of Justin P. Hibbard, a California-licensed private investigator (lic. # 26345) and Certified Fraud Examiner (member # 550570). Mr. Hibbard has been conducting business investigations for 15 years, including a former career as an award-winning investigative business journalist. He has practiced exclusively as a private investigator since 2006. Reuters news service has described him as an "expert" in due diligence. Mr. Hibbard specializes in preventing, detecting, and responding to occupational and consumer fraud.
As a boutique investigation practice, JPHI delivers high-quality, in-depth work product without the financial pressures that lead larger competitors to favor high-volume, fast-turnaround engagements. Mr. Hibbard devotes personal time and attention to every case that his firm accepts. He works with a team of proven associates when necessary but never delegates cases to subcontractors, junior employees, or interns.
The following is a sample of JPHI's services.
For corporate clients (security, general counsel, HR, internal audit, etc.):
* Internal investigations of alleged employee theft, accounting irregularities, kickbacks, insurance claims, FCPA violations, harassment, discrimination
* External investigations of alleged fraud on the enterprise by customers, vendors, partners, subsidiaries, minority/majority holdings
* Pre-transaction due diligence investigations of potential vendors, partners, customers, investments, acquisitions, employees, officers, and directors
* Pre-litigation investigations of potential defendants' assets to determine size and recoverability of judgments
* Investigations of alleged incidents to identify key factual themes and obtain evidence and testimony
* Investigations of opposing witnesses' backgrounds and testimony to prepare for cross-examination
* Forensic accounting services and expert testimony
* Background investigations of jurors and jury polling
For insurers, self-insurers, and third-party administrators:
* Investigations of claims to determine facts and obtain statements and evidence
* Specialized workers' compensation claims investigations (AOE/COE, activity checks)
* Investigations of suspected improper billing by health-care providers
* Investigations of suspected insurance fraud by claimants, providers, agents, and/or underwriters for referral to prosecutors
* Legally compliant outsourcing of mandatory SIU services
For financial institutions:
* Internal investigations of alleged embezzlement, false accounting, loan fraud, or real estate fraud by employees, officers, and directors
* External investigations of alleged money laundering, loan fraud, real estate fraud, check/credit card fraud, money-transfer fraud, advance-fee fraud, bankruptcy fraud, securities fraud, and other schemes by customers, borrowers, vendors, and partners
* AML/BSA examinations
* Preparation of SARs
For a complete list of JPHI's services, please visit the firms' web site at www.jphibbard.com.